IN THIS ELABORATE PRINTING COURSE, YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO SCREENPRINT LARGE PATTERNS ON LARGE SURFACES LIKE KAFTANS.
I have included 20 designs to download as references.
You also get bonus courses here.
- Instructor: Oluwaseyi A. Alade
- Hi, Welcome to my printing class. In this course, I will share with you the intricate art of printing on large surfaces like bubus , abgadas and kaftans (wide African apparel) using screen-printing technique.
- I have printed on kaftans, t-shirts, dresses, walls, canvas, table clothes, and book covers for over 7 years and have adapted this technique for wide fabrics. With my technique, you can make brisk sales of elaborately decorated ethnic apparel from home – without expensive warehouses, heat presses and printers.
- I will show you how to create a medley of amazing designs and adapt them to your fabric. You will learn to think, draw, design, arrange and print using thee 20 drawing resources you have downloaded.
- The materials in this course are readily available in sewing and craft stores. Some of my screenprinting inks were purchased online.
- The designs can be resized and adapted for smaller sized materials like t-shirts, tote bags, pillow cases and much more. Start your own print business today!
What you’ll learn
- The aim of this course is to show you the most accessible, convenient way to start off in the Screen Printing Business. The printing quality of your apparels will be high and your skill will improve with constant practice.
- You will learn how to print ethnic patterns easily in a small workspace..
- The course is entirely video. The clips are assisted with subtitles and text explanations.
- Please contact me if you need more clarification on the lessons you have taken.
- There are several materials, tools and equipment needed. It is important you use the highest quality fabrics and printing inks to create clothing worth the effort put into each design and printing process.
In this course I’ll be taking you through the whole procedure on what you need to create an exceptional unique elaborately designed kaftan.
Bonus videos will show you how to print quotes and artsy patterns on t-shirts using the Sam screen printing technique.
You can print eye-catching apparel for yourself or sell as a thriving apparel printing business. Each design will have a story to tell.
I’ll show you exactly the things I do and you will see the tools, materials and the different procedures you’ll need to achieve much to produce beautifully intricate kaftans.
This course is sections or days. It will help you plan each printing procedure. It covers the following:
The Materials and Tools Needed – In this section we look at the materials, tools and devices required. I will give you an idea of how much they cost and where you can purchase the main ones.
- Prepare fabric – In this section we reveal the fabrics I use and determine the color of ink to use.
- Prepare screens – In this section I show the mesh I use, the screens and much more.
- Prepare the printing inks and chemicals – In this section I show you type I use for printing using the negative and positive screenprinting techniques.
- Printing the elaborate pattern– In this section I will show you how to design the pattern using the drawings-with-a-story approach. You will learn how to apply the screenprinting inks to produce the finished garment including some important pre and post printing procedures to ensure a professional finish.
- Making the prints fadeproof- In this section I will show you how to set the print properly to achieve a long lasting outcome.
- Bonus videos for t-shirt adaptation.
- Anyone, any age with the ability to lift a squeegee and mesh frame.
- The screen printing course is for anyone who wants to learn elaborate African ethnic print process.
- Plus this technique produces elaborate durable prints which are vibrant, pliable and have their own stories when you look at them.
In this course I'll be taking you through the whole procedure on what you need to create an exceptional unique elaborately designed kaftan. Bonus videos will show you how to print quotes and artsy patterns on t-shirts using the Sam screen printing technique. You can print eye-catching apparel for yourself or sell as a thriving apparel printing business. Each design will have a story to tell. I'll show you exactly the things I do and you will see the tools, materials and the different procedures you'll need to achieve much to produce beautifully intricate kaftans. This course is sections or days. It will help you plan each printing procedure.
Materials and tools you need
DAY 1- Prepare and setup your materials.
Resources to download
20 designs used in the videos. You should download them and print . You can make several sizes of one design. Each can be mixed and matched to create new elaborate prints.
Day 2 - Create the elaborate pattern for the print
DAY 3 - Prepare and gauge screen
You will learn how to properly stretch the mesh unto the Frame. Then you will begin to create the elaborate pattern us in the previously drawn elements.
How to screen print on t-shirts using stencils.